the family

the family

Monday, June 27, 2011

thoughts

Trying to get back into the blog world, sometimes its just hard to find a spare moment to collect my thoughts. Tonight's post will probably be a bit here and a bit there.

In March we were blessed to have a night nurse who had been with us about a year come on working full time in the daytime for zach, not only is she amazing with zach, but its been so benifical to me as well. She has become Luke a member of the family, a sister. We have so much in common and enjoy our days together, last week she worked 60 hours, including a night shift that was basically a slumber party. It's been so long since I had such a close friend, she reminded me that friendship isn't suppose to be a one way street, and people who are your true friends shouldnt get all bent out of shape so easily, and if they do, they should try to work it out. Anyway I can't say enough good things about Anna, we shop, do projects, cook, do makeup and nails together, like the sister I never had.

Since April I've lost about 15lbs, not an enormous amount but the fact that I haven't gained any back is rewarding. So day by day I'm working on being healthier and happier. Eliminating negativity and trying to reduce stress. Life is stressful enough and throw in special needs kids and it can get crazy. I need my head in the game for sure.

Homeschooling is going great! We aren't doing work every day but rather a few times a week thru the summer, Micheal is making much progress, his handwriting and attention to details is better, math is finally sticking, and he is doing a super job trying. He is working right at grade level for the most part. Chance is also working hard, though he should only be at kindergarten level until fall he is working on 3rd and 4th grade level, his reading and math are his strongest areas, I'm so proud of my boys. We have our hard days but I wouldn't change a thing, leaving the school system was the best thing we did. I love spending my days with them, I love that they learn so many life skills along the way every day. I love that ordinary errands can bring up a whole lesson plan and new learning experienced. I also love that they aren't subjected to ridicule and bullying no peer pressure and they learn to socialize with people of all ages, not just kids in their class.

Next month we go back to Houston to have a vq scan for zach to check his lungs and check for any thoracic dystrophy, after this we should have a plan for surgery to correct the scoliosis, any surgery is scary for zach so I'm just so thankful they are being so cautious with him. I was reading thru his medical file and came across these words, cortical atrophy, hypoxia, HIE, sometimes I hate medical terms, the words I would use would be amazing. Miracle, strong, fighter.

My brain is blank, time for bed got 3 speech therapies tomorrow. Night

No comments:

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones